Thursday, January 19, 2006

Austin

Austy Dog

We had to put Austin to sleep yesterday. I don't really know what to say about it. She's been sick for ages now. She hasn't been able to walk for a while. We've been carrying her in and out of the house to go to the bathroom. She stopped eating at least a week a go, and we finally took her to the vet this week. Following the vet's suggestion, we decided to let her go. She was miserable and in pain and couldn't take care of herself anymore. It was so very hard. It was actually harder before we did it than after she was gone. Sandy and I both had to say goodbye to her yesterday before we left for work, because Jason was taking her to the vet during the day. I've never been through this before. It's so hard, oh I don't know what else to say. The vet got her tests back and we found out that Austin had advanced stages of bone cancer. So it feels like we made the right decision. I'm glad she's out of pain. Ok, I will write more later.

2 Comments:

Blogger epsmcl said...

Becca, I'm so sorry. Austin really loved you so much. She was a real beauty...I'm so glad I got to meet her.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

that is the saddest thing in the world. I don't know what I would do if I lost my baby (my dog) My heart goes out to you and the rest of Austin's family. Just keep a picture close by.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home